Monday, August 24, 2009

Hans & Franz

Lifting with Trav last night was fun, and he's now my official "Weight Training Coach." Jeff couldn't make it to lift with him, so I was his spotter, and he gave me sets to do. I did bench, tricep work, deadlifts and powerlifts (aka Clean & Jerk). I'm sore! But in a "hells ya" kind of way. ;) Whenever I lift, I always think of the Saturday Night Live skit with Dana Carvey & that Kevin guy who play wannabe Ahhhhnolds:
"We're going to pump...[chest pound]...you up."

Anyway, my deadlift max. is 160 lbs...and I really want to increase that number. So, I will be working on that! Travis is a great motivator because he's really strong and getting stronger every day...and I need to keep up with him! It's funny though--his arms are getting HUGE and it also makes them look shorter (like a T-Rex!). I, on the other hand, have gangly arms, and they are longer than Trav's...so together we look like a couple of weirdos. Long gangle arms and bicep muscle dude. At least he's not getting meat headed...but he is outgrowing all the shirts I got him for Christmas. *sigh*

3 comments:

  1. Great job. I very rarely work out my arms because they are already muscular. I don't want to look buff, I want to look toned and lean. My arms and thighs have always been muscular and I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the kind comments on the pics. Usually I look like I'm mad and in pain. My wife wants me to buy them. I *hate* paying those inflated prices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great! another runner who manages to find the time to lift and therefore making me feel bad for not lifting :) i USED to be good at it but... yeah.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! You're a rockstar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...