Sunday, August 23, 2009

Busy Saturday & Not-So-Lazy Sunday

Yesterday was BUSY. Run with Liz, hang out with Jaquelene, Laura G's wedding, hang out with my brother/sister/dad/nephew for a bit, then it was off to the Seahawk's game. Exhausted.

Liz and I ran a little over 6 miles yesterday morning, but we were both a little sore/hurting, so our pace was a little slower. But hey, we ran. Liz was acting like a dancing fool while we were stopped at crosswalks...I jump, she dances. Very entertaining, but we only got three honks this time...we were off our game!
Here, Liz demonstrates a knee stretch (but I thought it just looked funny):
We did some fartleks again, and Liz started them out by yelling "FARTLEK, GO!" I think I laughed more this way and worked the abs. By the end of the giant hill back to Liz's house we were fartleked (aka our way of saying "wiped out").

I just did some calculations and I figured out I've run 667.6 miles since last September. To me, this is awesome. My first "Runnerversary" is coming up and I'm happier now with my progress than ever. I feel great! :) This is totally why I run.

5 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! That's like running from Kent past Chico, CA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! That's a busy weekend. So jealous you got to go to the Chickens game.

    PS: Happy Runnersversary!

    @Liz -- Yeah, you'll definitely want to go PAST Chico, LOL! (I can say that, I'm from the Sacramento area.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's an interesting stretch! congrats on all those miles - keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rock on girl! It's amazing to count the stats and see how far you've come! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! You're a rockstar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...