Thursday, January 13, 2011

Water Blasted

Last night I took a nice warm shower, looked outside and said
"Hmmm, I really want to go for a run."  
Yeah, that was backwards.  With sopping wet hair pulled into a ponytail, raincoat and blinking blue light on, I headed out for a couple miles.  It wasn't raining when I started, but it got progressively worse towards the end.  Of COURSE I got water-walled or water-blasted by an oncoming car while I was on the sidewalk.  Straight-out-of-a-movie-style blasted all over.  I was SOAKED.  And pissed.
"Thanks D-Bag!" 
I yelled and shook my fist at the passing car.  Well, I wasn't as "polite" as the choice of words here. I looked like a mixture of a wet rat and grumpy old man, waving my fist in the air.  Argh!  But, it made me want to finish even faster to get home.

2.5 miles...not too shabby.  My pace was even under 10 min/miles again.

My neighborhood runs are getting even more screwy because of a certain car that jumped the sidewalk, hit two trees, plowed into a house and killed a passenger on one of my routes.  Now Travis won't let me go that way anymore, especially with Goober.  Crappity crap crap.  It happened at midnight though!  And the car was speeding!  And no one was wearing a seatbelt!  It just sucks that there was a fatality, and injuries.  :(

Well, wasn't this an uplifting post?

Remember to enter my $50 CSN giveaway by clicking the link above!  You have until next friday!

2 comments:

  1. How many times do you need me to click the links?? just let me know...I am there for you..

    It was WET yesterday..I can just see you pumping your little bony hand, makes me smile.

    Sub 10's?? Thats my girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NIce running lady! Keep keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! You're a rockstar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...