Saturday, January 15, 2011

HILLS, you are my B!TCH LOVER!*

First off, a big "hello!" and high five to all the new followers of this blog!  Welcome! :)

Last night I attacked the hills in my neighborhood with full force.  Armed with my Newtons, Gus and iPhone, I proceeded to find every hill in the vicinity and made it mine.  Boo ya!  It ended up being a 5K exactly, and it took me 30:05.  I'll take it!  I could've just ran in a short-sleeved tee without gloves, it was a seriously mild evening run.  Ah, who am I kidding?  I probably would've ran in shorts too...

I'm considering some of the same races I ran early last year, namely the St. Pat's Dash and the Can Do 5K (both in March).  It would be fun to do the Mercer Half again, but I don't think I'd be ready.  Maybe?  Not sure.  I truly enjoyed that course, hills and all.

Still looking for name suggestions for my jogging stroller (names that begin with "G").  Here's a pic for inspiration.

So far, the names in the running are:
Gary
Go-Go Gadget
Gizmo
G6
Gilad
Giles
Gargamel
"god-it's-so-freakin-hard-to-push-this-thing" aka G-freak
Garmin
Greyhound
Galloway
Gale
Galip
Giedion
Gavin
Glenn
Giddie-up
Garfunkel
Gonzaga

Nice!  You are all so creative!  I'll be picking my favorite FIVE names and then putting them up to a vote by tomorrow night.  If your suggestion is picked for the FIVE, then you will get an extra entry into the CSN Stores $50 giveaway...if your suggestion is the final name chosen, an additional 2 entries are yours.

*The first person to tell me where this post title came from gets another entry into the giveaway.  
Heather got it right!  Wedding Crashers!

7 comments:

  1. and my vote for the same is to make "her" a female and call her gladys

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like she sorta looks like a Gertrude.

    PS: When it's not pouring buckets, we need to go on a lil run with our kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sure looks like a kick ass stroller! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gonzo... no one suggested Gonzo? It's got a G & and Z...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How bought Gizmo? Thats my favorite! Teeeheeeee

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol g-freak is funny but a little too long for me. i vote for g6, cause you be running so (fast) like a g6 :)

    nice to see you back on the regular!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! You're a rockstar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...