Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Outdoors & Other Fantabulousness


Sunset
The other night I ran outside while the sun was setting.  Boy, I've really missed that!  The roads and sidewalks still had a little ice left over from the tiny little dusting of snow we had last week, so I had to be super careful not to slip and make a fool of myself (or, well, get hurt I suppose).  Last year, I mean, in 2009 during the holidays, I loved running at night and looking at all the Christmas lights.  Since I couldn't last year, 2010, I'm really glad some people have kept their lights up a little longer.  Purely for my enjoyment, of course.  Obviously I'm still not in 2011 mode quite yet.  Perhaps it's because my days/nights are molded into one continuous glob of time...with Goober to thank. ;)

Speaking of Goob, she apparently isn't as keen with 90s Hip Hop tunes than she is to Muse, Paramore, Yellowcard and early Michael Jackson--she woke up and cried when "Rump Shaker" played on my iTunes list.  Ha ha!  We have to change that.

I've found that if I run on the treadmill during a fussy moment with her (and she's been fed, cleaned, changed, etc), she falls asleep pretty well.  I think this is her way of pushing my butt back into gear...I've already ran 2 miles today.  Argh.  The 8-week-old personal trainer.  But of course.

Pure ice on parts of our road
P.s.  And yes, I completely made up "fantabulousness." 

6 comments:

  1. Fantabulousness is epic. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You guys got more snow/ice than we did in MV.

    So, what are Goob's rates?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up... I was so glad to see it raining today, hopefully the junk will melt.. sounds like Goob has good taste..

    Sooo I think that my running path is just near that WEIRD green square house.. remember that? LOL!1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love running when Christmas lights are up!

    Love that little goober is your personal trainer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it great to run outside, even in winter?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! You're a rockstar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...