Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I've Missed You, Greenlake!

Good 'ol Greenlake
Today I met up with an old high school friend who had her daughter 3 days before Goober for a stroll around Greenlake.  It was a perfect day for a 3 mile walk around the lake; completely gorgeous.  It's been a long time since I've been able to run/walk this route, and the last time I was able to was for the Iron Girl 5K in September....so it was nice to revisit one of my favorite places in the city.

It's crazy how I notice the jogging stroller mamas more now that I'm one myself.  Some are extremely hardcore, and others are more casual.  Plus, there's always the large array of dog walkers on the lake at this time.  I swear that I saw a black bear on the trail, but it turns out it was just an enormous fuzzy dog.  It. Was. HUGE.  Terrifyingly huge.  But it seemed sweet and minded its business when around other people and dogs.  

A and her little A2
My friend A's cute daughter A2 was asleep in her stroller the entire time.  She didn't even make a peep!  Goober, however, was very vocal at the beginning of the first lap of the lake (almost 3 miles), but was completely zonked out on my second lap running.  You see, since I don't get to the lake that often, I wanted to milk it for all its worth.  Two laps, baby!  One walking, the other running.  And OH BOY was I spent at the end.  Overall, it was a great little excursion and I look forward to meeting up with A and A2 again soon.

Goober did really well, and was all smiles when I changed her diaper at the end. :)  

My running mileage for January so far is 41!  Woot!  And now I must continue to increase this for the marathon in a few months...

Thank you, Melissa, for hosting the 31 in 31 Challenge!

I leave you with a cute pic of Goob:


7 comments:

  1. Great job on your mileage! She is SOO darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful place to meet an old friend for a walk. You are probably getting really strong pushing the jogger. It always amazed me at how effortless it felt to run without the jogger once you have been used to pushing it. Your daughter is simply the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have more milage than I do, and I don't have a newborn, just a almost 4 and almost 2 year olds!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited you are getting back to your old stomping grounds. that picture of Goob makes me MELT, love her!! I am sure she misses me already.. Hugs Zoe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks beautiful! I don't blame you for wanting to make the most of your trip there. Way to go on the walk AND run!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! You're a rockstar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...