Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday Night Slalom

I'm not the biggest fan of Sunday night runs around the neighborhood for one reason: garbage.  Everyone puts out their cans the night before pick-up, which is Monday here, and the garbage just plain stinks.  Not only do I have to hold my breath a lot, but I have to zig zag around these cans in order to stay on the sidewalk.  It's hard work!  Thankfully it's winter and the garbage smell isn't too bad, but MAN, in the summer...oh brother.  It's awful.  I can't even do an outdoor evening run in the summer months.

Tonight's run wasn't all that bad though, despite the presence of trash.  The frogs were out in full force, singing away.  It's been months since I've heard them!  I was very happy to hear that familiar chatter. :)  And, I took my Nike Lunaracers out for a spin.  It's been awhile since they've kissed pavement, and they were eager to go fast.

Today I saw Gus's rich/popular/sleek big brother at the Seattle Boat Show.  He was just chilling on top of a yacht like it was no big deal.  What a show off!  I'm glad Gus didn't come with me because there might have been some heated exchange of words about how Big Bro missed Christmas and doesn't call Mom as much as Gus does...you get the picture. Siblings...

Anyway, the Boat Show is a tradition I have with my Dad every year.  It's only the two of us, and it's our "bonding day."  This is probably the fourth or fifth time that we've done this, and it's just something fun that we look forward to. :)

That was my adventure for the day.  After the 4.2 miles I ran this evening, January's total is 120.46 miles!  WOW.  This is the most I've run in a month, I believe. Woohoo!

**Sunday Shout-Outs**
Amanda: Way to rock 7 miles on a treadmill!  HOLLA!
Morgan & B.O.B.: Awesome job on the 22.5 miler on Saturday!
Casey:  She's going back to work tomorrow after her 3 month leave...go give her some love (& see how adorable Violet is!) 
Molly: Happy Birthday!!
Penny:  A HUGE congrats to your new Half Fanatic status.  #302!  (I'm envious!)
Lauren:  Congrats on your 5K PR, girlie!  
Rachael:  I think your bald eagle, Carl, and my bald eagle, Sam, should be best friends.  Let's have them meet for salmon sushi, say, next week?  I'll have his people call your people. :)

14 comments:

  1. Awesome job this month! You rock!

    Have I ever mentioned how funny you are? Like seriously, I laughed through that whole post. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, i SAW YOUR NAME, AND YOUR AMBITION...WE HAVE A"ZOE"...SHE IS ZOE LAMBERT, AND SHE HAS HAD 32 SURGERIES IN HER 11 YEARS HERE ON EARTH...AND YOUR COMMENT "RUN ZOE RUN"...WE YELL TO HER "FIGHT ZOE FIGHT"...
    YOU ARE 2 AMAZING "ZOES"...
    GOD BLESS...
    JOHANNA LAMBERT
    PLYMOUTH PA....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it so hard to imagine frogs being out in January. Around here they'd be frozen to death by now. :)

    Nice job on your 'slalom'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was surprised to hear that the frogs are out, but how nice to have the company on your run ;) Great January stats...way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WtG on the January mileage! Imagine what you can do once the weather gets a little warmer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate running on trash days too! Yuck!

    Girl you are so funny! Cracking me up about Gus' older brother.

    Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the shout out! It was a great day.

    I was cracking up about the garbage cans...all that stink! at least you had the froggies for company!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I bet Gus would have had some WORDS with his bro, good thing you left him at home to bast in the glory of being the only Garmin with good stats.. Which by the by would you send me miles 8-11 pretty please??

    You crack me up!!

    Garbage, yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so funny talking about Gus and his big brother! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! My GPS' name is Fred.

    I have the same problem with trash. My long runs are on Fridays. Trash day in my area. 2.5hrs of stinking gross trash. Hence, why my can is cleaned on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 120 miles. Dang, girl! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love reading your blog. You are a hoot and I love the way you write. Great job on the miles this month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job on the monthly mileage PR!

    I love that the "slalom" was around garbage cans. It made me picture Olympic skiers turning around cans full of trash.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I attempted to contact Carl yesterday about his date with Sam, but he was nowhere to be found :(

    I think I lost his blackberry email

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! You're a rockstar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...