Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 3 of New Shoes

Gosh, I'm such a girl.  These past dozen or so posts seem to talk about shoes shoes and more shoes.  What can I say?  I love shoes.  Especially running shoes that fit well and make me feel like a million bucks.  However, still trying to decide if these New Balance 1225s are working out...

On the one hand, my ankles have not been achy/sore after running.  WIN!
On the other hand, my knees feel more creaky and my big toe gets this weird pain.  FAIL.

GAH!  It's only been three days of running in them, so I'll give them another two or so.

Reading everyone's responses to the Tell Me About Yourself post still makes me laugh.  For some reason, a lot of you thought I said would you EAT eagle poo for a thousand dollars...but I said roll around in it.  Geez people!  I would give you a heck of a lot more than a grand to eat Sam the Bald Eagle's poo.  Good grief.  :P  Hilarious.

Not much else to report today besides a 4 mile treadmill run.  Woohoo.  I miss running outside.  Tomorrow perhaps?  OH!  But I did receive some gear from Champion and can't wait to test it out!  
Also, a giveaway to check out:
Tall Mom Mel is giving away a tutu from my.little.pink.dots!

10 comments:

  1. The whole shoe situation is such an ordeal for me as well. I still don't think I'm in the right ones, I've strayed and paid for it...it's just tough and I feel for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why can't a new pait of shoes ever be JUST PERFECT? There always seems to be a "but". I hope the knee and toe issue don't persist...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am taking back my new shoes, thank goodness for running store return policies.. Not sure what I will end up with..

    Thanks for the Bloggy LOVE! So you are TOTALLY killing the miles this year, are you training for a Marathon and not telling me?

    What are your weekend LR plans?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya! For the first few days I was IN LOVE with my new Asics. Then they started hurting in different places.

    I just want a a prefect shoe, dammit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are having doubts, take them back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your quote at the top of your page! Love, love, love it!! I have a love/hate relationship with running shoes. I get excited that I'm getting new shoes, but then I have to break them in! Happy Running!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always hard to tell in a store whether the shoes will work. It's not until you've run in them for a while that you can tell if they're right for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love shoes too...I went on an overnight trip with the girls, I was gone for 18 hours and I brought three pairs of shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got new shoes and I hate breaking them in part. Hope yours get better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! You're a rockstar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...