Monday, January 4, 2010

Strength & Muscles

Here's the scoop: I'm wicked sore from lifting weights this weekend, and of course, running 10 hilly miles with Mel.  You know what got me?  Squats with 65 lbs.  Wow.  I don't even like the word "squat."  Seriously though, I know that it's really important to have your muscles be strong as a runner...especially those legs and core.  Since I don't have set resolutions, I am just aiming on lifting whenever Trav and Jeff do.  Um, just look at these crazies:

My husband, Travis, and our friend/lifting buddy, Jeff...that's 80 lbs on a dumbbell!

These guys know what they're doing and they are incredibly dedicated.  I've dubbed Trav my "Lifting Coach," so he's been telling me what I should work on for the day.  Today was a Rest Day because both of us feel like we were flattened by a giant rolling pin (or nekkid semi, perhaps??).  Holy soreness!  However, I am continuing with the Whittle My Middle challenge by Oh She Glows.  So far I'm on Day 3, and it's a fantastic burn!

Now, please don't judge/laugh/scoff when I put this into writing.  At my starting point I needed to record my measurements and I want to keep track of them here, along with my before pictures.  I'm just looking to increase some core strength.  I believe that I am at  an ideal weight for my body and plan on staying here.
Before:
"Smallest" part of waist: 26.5 inches
"Widest" part of waist (couple inches below belly button): 35 inches
Hips: 36 inches



Tomorrow, I run. :)

9 comments:

  1. Love love the lifting pictures. Oh we need to get Muscle Man in there with your boys..when do they lift?? We could play with the kiddos or push the double jogger perhaps.

    I need to tone the mid section, think I will go check it out..

    ReplyDelete
  2. you already look great! but good luck with the challenge! When you said "Since I don't have set resolutions, I am just aiming on lifting whenever Trav and Jeff do." I though it said "whatever" rather than "whenever" and I almost died...I was like your going to lift WHATEVER WEIGHT THOSE BOYS LIFT! makes much more sense now =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl you are already itty bitty in the middle!!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can do that.

    With both arms.

    And some spotting.

    And uh, is that a tramp stamp I spot?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! I read it "whatever," too.

    "I don't even like the word 'squat.'" <--HAHAHA! It doesn't sound very nice, does it?

    And I agree, you look great already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the runningskirt! I'm an addict! But I'm really posting because I just wanted to say that your before picture looks like I'd like my after picture to look! girl, you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No wonder you feel safe running at night. Just have Travis and his friend follow you around! They should also go talk to those nekkid semis for you....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the running skirt! Good luck keeping with the strength and conditioning! You'll be even more ripped before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Somehow I missed this post. I was wondering what that Whittle My Middle thing was.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! You're a rockstar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...