Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Runner Profile: Meet Morgan

She's a speedy running fiend with a fantastic sense of humor and a fun writing style. Also known as the Redhead, she recently finished her first Marathon in Chicago last month (awesome finisher's photo above), and ran 3 legs of a Ragnar Relay in Florida on no sleep last weekend. Plus, she's always sending encouraging words to runners around the country. Could she be any more kick a$$? :)

1. What is your favorite stretch?
My fav stretches are for the ITB for obvious reasons. More specifically this one: Iliotibial band stretch: Standing: Cross one leg in front of the other leg and bend down and touch your toes. You can move your hands across the floor toward the front leg and you will feel more stretch on the outside of your thigh on the other side. Hold this position for 15 to 30 seconds. Return to the starting position. Repeat 3 times. Reverse the positions of your legs and repeat.

2. Do you have any pre-race rituals?
LOL! I have OCD so pre-race rituals are standard (except my recent Founders Day 10k when I went completely against the grain...) Pasta dinner, epsom salt bath before bed, foam roll & stretches, to bed early, up earlier still, pb & banana on a slice of wheat toast, stretches, pee 5,345,856,238,483,951 times pre-race. :)

3. What motivates you to run?
Running completes me. It makes me a happier more positive person, it helps burn up some of this excess energy I have, it keeps me in shape and healthy, I have made so many amazing friends through running and I have become a bit of an inspiration to family and friends.

4. When did you start running?
I ran my first 5k July 4th 2008 and that's when the running bug bit. I was hooked after that.

5. Running shoe of choice?
I'm in a committed relationship with my Asics GT-2140's

6. Best advice received?
To run your first marathon for YOU. No ambitious time goal, just to finish. The enjoy the experience. So that is exactly what I did and I had the best time ever. I heart Chicago Marathon. :)

7. What do you think about when running?
More like what don't I think about!? I have a slight case of A.D.D. so sometimes I'll be coming up with ways to end world hunger and then a butterfly will pass in front of me and I'll start singing "Reading Rainbow"

8. What is something you cannot run without?
Besides the obvious, I don't leave home without my wrist rockers because I sweat something fierce down here in Florida.

9. What race distance is your favorite?
I did a 10 miler race in the beginning of the year and it was perfect. You hit the double digits so there was a huge sense of accomplishment without the total @ss kicking of the higher miles. I also really love 10k's I've yet to have a bad experience running one.

10. Most outrageous running story you've heard or experienced?
Being addicted to the blogging world I've read all kinds of crazy running stories but I think the most outrageous I've ever experienced will probably happen this weekend during the Ragnar Relay, so stay tuned for the recap! :) [I say: Check out Leg 1, Leg 2, and Leg 3 for some extreme laughs]

Check out Morgan's running adventures at CAUTION: Redhead Running

9 comments:

  1. I love that running "completes you". Well said!

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah- I love this. For a while I did a series called "Props Wednesday" and Morgan was my first prop! And she knows I love her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OCD and ADD! Yikes! Can't wait to check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the spotlight girl! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd read Morgan's first-leg post before I realized she was the same one on your profile (duh!). Outstanding profile of an outstanding runner!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zoe,

    Love your profiles.. what a great way to Pay It Forward. :-) Such fun reading about all the running folks out there!

    As a fellow Orlandoan, and a newbie who was taken under her belt, I'd like to go on record saying that Morgan is one of the coolest, sweetest, (most insanely energetic!!) gals in our running/blogging world! She is awesome and the real deal!

    Hope you're having a terrific holiday weekend... still have my eye on that bag! LOL

    Hugs from Orlando,
    r.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Asics GT-2140's. I already like her!

    Hope you had a great Thansgiving Zoe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol love the reading rainbow/a.d.d. comment. morgan is def awesome! :)

    hope you had a great thanksgiving zoe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY Morgan. I love her. Yay for awesome running blog friends!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! You're a rockstar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...