Monday, November 9, 2009

Rainy Winter Pineapples?

Day 2 of getting back into tip-top shape. AM run was an easy 20 minutes: felt pretty good! After work I hit the elliptical at the gym next to work (30 day free pass, baby!) for 30 minutes. I love the elliptical because it gives my knees a break and it's so easy to just zone out. Then, I ran with Travis outside...in the pouring rain...which he wasn't too thrilled about, but we had a decent pace! Dude, I actually like running in the rain when I'm prepared for it. I feel like I'm flying. But, I didn't wear my normal rainy-run-baseball-cap and I couldn't tell if there was just rainwater dripping off my nose or snot or both. Probably both. To top off the eventful exercise day, I took a really nice epsom salt bath...it seriously helps my muscles chill out (or warm out?).

The Winter Pineapple Classic is in FOUR DAYS! EEK! Team "Quick Pickles" is all signed up to race AND to beat John Curley. Now, we just need to raise some moolah for blood cancer research. If you have $1 / $5 / $10 / $10K (hey, it's worth a shot) just lying around, would you be so kind as to help my team out? You can make online donations here. :)

Racing for charity is just another reason why I run. I'm proud to show my support and to help raise much needed funding for blood cancer research.
Join me. :)

6 comments:

  1. Mimosas? What? No post race mimosas?

    It rains so infrequently here I don't remember what it's like to run in the rain. I guess we're supposed to see some this week though. Maybe I'll get a chance to remember on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just don't understand this love of running in the rain. I really don't...

    Good job getting back into the swing of things girl and have fun at your race!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe rain...I was in it yesterday too. My 3 baseball caps are in my running bag.

    Love your team name!! I am a huge pickle fan.

    Soooo There is a Diva Night at Fleet Feet in Bonney Lake on Thursday from 7-9PM. FREE they will do massages, a gear fashion show, body fatr analysis and more. Let me know if you are interested and I will shoot you the details.

    Or maybe I will just reply to your email from yesterday.. DER!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looooooooooove running in the rain.*

    *Defintely excludes cold rain because that SUCKS the big one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey thanks for stopping by my blog! your too sweet! i love your site!! dont mind me lurking around checking things out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charity events are a GREAT reason to run and your pineapple run sounds like it is for a very worthy cause.

    Have a pina colada and a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! You're a rockstar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...