Sunday, October 11, 2009

Salonpas Patches Rock My World

Yup, 10 miles made my legs a little sore.  Thank goodness I restocked my Salonpas patch inventory and popped a couple of those babies on my ankle/calf.  Relief!  

This morning was a Remembrance Walk for parents/families that have lost babies, and I attended with Liz and her hubby and kids in memory of their angel baby, Janell.  It was only 1.5 miles according to Gus (yes, of course I had to use him), but it was a pleasant start to the day and the weather was unbelievably gorgeous.  The turn out for the walk was amazing and very sweet to see so many people come together.  For those of you who don't know, I volunteer and am on the board for a local nonprofit called A Small Victory (named in honor of baby Janell), which was founded by Liz and her husband to help ease the pain of people who lose babies to miscarriage, stillbirth and infant death.  Yes, it's a sad concept, but unfortunately it happens to more people than you would think. :(  

Well, I ended up running only 2.5 miles tonight on the 'mill.  2 miles at an easy 9:00 pace and then a half mile barefoot.  Still a little tight from the long run.  Hopefully more stretching and lifting will help...

I just want to say that I really enjoy following and reading everyone's running blogs and twitter updates.  Everyone is so inspiring to me!  Especially today where there were so many peeps running in marathons and halfies.  You guys make me excited to run my first half next month.  Thanks for the motivation!!

Who ran?
Glenn rocked the Long Beach Marathon
Danica PR'd like a rockstar at the Long Beach Marathon
Morgan kicked her first Marathon's boo-tay in Chicago
SkinnyRunner PR'd by dominating the Long Beach Half
Shelly showed the Long Beach Marathon who's boss

I know I must be missing more runners, and I apologize.  

3 comments:

  1. thanks girl! you rock for running barefoot and i'm glad my weird spelling didn't throw you off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful walk. I can't even imagine the grief of losing a child.

    On another note: I love reading all the running blogs, too, and getting inspired. I can't believe you are doing 10 miles already. The most I've done is six. I'm following Hal Higdon's 12-week Half schedule, but I'm getting nervous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement and the shout zoe! It was such a great experience.

    And you should talk to Chic Runner. Why do a half when you can just hitthe big time! I don't think she has stopped smiling yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! You're a rockstar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...