Sunday, October 18, 2009

Dawg Dash 5K Recap

It didn't rain! I didn't beat John Curley! I don't care! The course was hilly! My time according to Gus was 24:09. We shall see if that stands.

The weather was overcast, but not a single drop of rain fell, which was refreshing after yesterday's soggy run.

So, I didn't know what to expect with this race as the link for the course map on the website was broken AND dogs were allowed to participate (oh boy, terrifying). I had no idea that we would be running every hill imaginable on campus. Ugh. This is why I didn't PR today. Hills. My current PR was on an extremely flat course that probably had a 10 foot hill at some point. Yeah, I'm going to say that I'm proud of myself for at least staying under an 8:00 pace. Woot! ;)

Hmmm, apparently a "Bella Swan" raced today. I wonder if that's her real name. *wink*

Two things happened at this race: 1) During the national anthem trumpet, a dog was barking/howling along (pretty cute) and 2) John Curley was only delayed 57 seconds and he passed me after the mile mark...and it was devastating. Pooey. As he ran past, I said "noooooo!" and he gestured like "come on, speed up, slowie." Yeah, in my head he called me my old nickname (that I'd like to forget): Slowie. Don't ask.

It was a beautiful day and I'm very thankful for a good race...and especially for my one-man cheering squad Travis. It makes me very grateful that he comes along on race days and gets up earlier than he'd like. It means so much to me! *Thanks, babe!*

And now for the nitty gritty...

FINAL STATS:
Mileage - 3.1 miles
Time - 24:08
Overall - 136 out of 1040
Division Place - 20 out of 212 (F20-29)
Sex Place - 32 out of 641
Pace - 7:47

4 comments:

  1. Great job! Looks like a lot of fun (even if it IS at U-Dub). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on a hilly 5k! they are often a little disheartening, but then you get to pump yourself back up with posting a sweet time on a hilly course!

    i love when the guy is supportive and enjoys (or claims to at least) coming to races :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hills *and* a 5K? Either one alone is bad enought! Man you are a glutton for punishment. Great job on what was obviously a tough race!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for kicking a hilly 5k's butt! I hate hills. Hate.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! You're a rockstar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...