Sunday, February 27, 2011

Icy Runs, Dead Mice and Two "Abreast"

Kerrie & I making "Hell-Yes Hill" our beeyotch
Yesterday's solo 4 miler was pretty great...that is, until I stepped on a dead mouse.  Don't worry, I wasn't the one who sealed its fate, as it looked like it'd been on the sidewalk that way for a while.  But then again, it made an awful crunch sound that made me squeal and double back, then feel awful for stepping on a deceased creature. :(  Overall, it was gross.  Luckily nothing got on my shoe because the ground and everything around it was frozen.  If this had been a summer thing, I might've puked.  However, I definitely had a great, speedy solo run. :)

This morning was another one of those fantastic runs...but this time it was with Kerrie, Mel and Amy.  We set off to accomplish 12 miles on a fairly hilly trail, and through wind, rain, icy rain, slick bridges, snow arrows, dodging horse poo, running "two abreast" (aka "aboob"), that's-what-she-said jokes and trying to do math at the turnaround, we had a great time.  Running with friends really makes a huge difference in training.  The miles just fly right by!

Let me just say that we didn't really need to take ice baths after the run (except Kerrie is the crazy one who did!)...I'm not sure about the others, but I may have broke my truck's heated seats with my frozen butt.  The heater could not get me warm fast enough and my hot epsom salt bath had to be reheated twice because, again, my frozen arse caused ice cubes to form in the tub (well, not quite, but you get the idea).
Mel, Amy & Kerrie post-run
Mid-run potty break. Amy, the ninja & myself.
Trying not to slip on the ice
Kerrie & I pose!
Mel & I pose!
Near the spooky marsh part of the trail. 
Word.
Thanks for a great run, ladies!  See you next week, right? ;)

9 comments:

  1. Love the pics! Friends always make the miles fly by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you ladies had fun out there, even in the cold/icy conditions. You are all too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gals look like you have so much fun on your runs!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job! I so wish I had someone to run with. You guys look like you have a blast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great run. but I would have definitely puked with the mouse thing. I cannot stand mice, especially dead (and stepped on)!!! YUCK!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! You're a rockstar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...