Thursday, February 17, 2011

Good Intentions

I always feel like, somebody's watching me!
I needed to run today.  My mind ACHED for a run.  But of course everything had to go against me including my feet, my daughter and the weird WA weather (hail, sun, rain, sun, wind?).  Even Murphy was against me.  I didn't get to go to the trail for a run, so I decided why not try the treadmill.  Goober was extra fussy and wanted to be held all day, so I was hoping the treadmill noise would be soothing enough.  Score!  Thank goodness I squeaked in those 4 miles.  The Fast and the Furious held my attention for enough time to let me finish the run, and Goober just stared at me from her swing, slowly rocking herself into sleep mode.  The feet weren't feeling too magnificent after the run.  Damn.  I may need another cortisone shot in the other two neuromas (I have 4, but the 2 larger ones bother me the most...until now, I suppose).

One of my missions for the run was to try out the new Gel-Bot by Hydrapak.  It holds 24 oz. of water and an energy gel of your choice.  I must say, "eating" the Vanilla Bean GU from the bottle was a heckuva lot easier than squeezing the little package.  Plus, I think it even tasted better.  But, a full review will be up shortly.
Sleepy Goob monster
Oh!  Goober laughed for the first time today!  I was giving her tummy raspberries and she giggled.  It was awesome!  I can't wait for more little laughs. :)

Sun hailing = SAILING?
SO GLAD tomorrow is Friday.  Ahhhhhh.  What are your plans for the weekend?  Any awesome races?

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your feet but glad that you got in some miles!!! It's great that the mill puts her to sleep!! I am SOOO glad it's Friday...especially since nest week is vacation week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got your run in, but sorry about the nueromas! I had one years ago and it almost feels like a stress fracture in your foot! I can't imagine 4! Hope the cortisone shot works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gotta love the swing. My first one was all about the swing. The second one, not so much. But the older one would crash out in the swing and would sleep there for hours if we let her. Glad it worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got a little run in!

    I've never heard of the Gel-Bot. I'll lok forward to the ful review.

    That hardly looks like a Goob Monster...Goob angel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geez, Goober is so stinkin' cute!! Sorry yesterday was a tough day :/

    I will be anxious to read your thoughts on the gel-bot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You might be a runner if your infant falls asleep to the sound of a treadmill...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i don't get those gel bottle thingies. i've heard of them before though. guess i just don't get how you use them - do you squeeze the gel out of the packet and into the bottle? that just seems like it would be a pain to get out of the bottle. or do you just slide the pack into the bottle and the bottle squeezes the packet for you? oh i am making this so difficult ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! I just want you to know that I love reading your blog! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! You're a rockstar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...