Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Got Shot(s)!

Of tequila?
Of a highly sought-after paparazzi-loving celebrity?

Not quite.  More like the painful ones.  The kind with a needle. *ugh*

These shots aren't supposed to get me sick or anything, better yet, they are supposed to help me.  Before my very first half marathon in November of '09, I got two cortisone shots in my feet.  One on each.  Boy, they sucked, but they did WONDERS for my foot pain from the stupid neuromas.  Well, over a year later, I needed some new shots.  The burning sensation in my feet during my long runs with Mel and Amy put me over the edge...I needed relief again.  So yesterday I went to my awesome podiatrist and got shots.  Didn't run last night because my feet were still numb from the anesthetic, and I was going to run today, but I realized that both feet still hurt a little...well they're bruised from the needles. Icky.
See the bruises?  Ew. 
I feel bad for not running tonight, and I really really REALLY want to, but Goober is keeping me busy with her fussiness too.  Tomorrow's a brand new day.  (Ha ha!  Just like that lovely jingle from the Valtrex commercials!  "It's a brand new day!").

Anyway, I'm still putting together everyone's pics from the LOVE YOUrself Valentine Challenge...they are all AMAZING, by the way.  Also, stay tuned for a little interview recap with the ambitious Dan McKenna who's going to Conquer Atacama for cancer research.  Woot!

10 comments:

  1. I know exactly what that feels like and...OUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've considered getting cortisone shots but I'm a chicken... especially since I've heard they hurt like hell and sometimes don't work!

    I hope they help you and that its not from plantar fasciitis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ye-owe-zers!!! I hate shots! And on the top of your feet?! Ouch! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OUCH! That looks like a horrible place to get a shot. :( Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy do I know those shots. But all of mine have been in my left foot! I had a total of 2 for a neuroma about a 1.5 years ago and just 2 or so weeks ago I had one under my arch by my heel for plantar facisitis - that one REALLY HURT! But I can run now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I have had some pain in my feet, but no shots yet. Hope it works!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beat the boredom and get yourself the unblocked games from this games unblocked and here you can get the most trending unblocked games which we can play at our schools with our friends .
    So don't ignore this site , i must suggest you to try this game and i a damn sure that you are gonna love it .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! You're a rockstar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...