Saturday, February 19, 2011

I Want to Pump...You Up

Goob does some "squats"
I've enlisted Travis as my weight lifting coach/butt-kicker.  He is there to motivate me and to kick my butt when I need to lift weights.  So far our sessions have been spectated by a little baby named Goob, who refuses to sleep during lifting time.  Oh well.  She's completely content listening to music and staring at the neon UW light on the wall.  I think she understands the importance of "workin' on your fitness." ;)

One of my favorite lifts is the deadlift.  Coach Fish swears that these are the best for runners to get the right kind of strength in the right kind of place.  My max deadlift is 160 pounds, which I attained in 2009, so I'm determined to beat that number soon.  Hans and Franz'n it!

Today was too beautiful outside to pass up a trail run.  Travis pushed Goob in the jogger (Gizmo) while walking, and I ran ahead.  Of course, the MOMENT I took one stride I realized I had forgotten a key piece of clothing...a second sports bra.  Yeah yeah.  My poor ladies were not contained as well as I would have liked.  TMI?  Too bad. :P  So, I concentrated on lengthening my stride and not, um, bouncing too much.  Do you know what this caused?  It caused me to run the 5 miles at a sub-9:00 pace.  What??  Where did that come from?  Ok ok.  So the wind was at my back during the first half, but I still maintained the pace on the way back INTO the wind too!  I swear!  Overall, I think I kicked this run's arse.  Booya!  The run, however, kicked my foot into a burning spiral of pain.  Boo.  Nothing a little ibuprofen and epsom salt soak couldn't help, right?  Right?  I sure hope so...

Anywho, I'm still working on compiling the LOVE YOUrself Valentine Challenge photos, the Dan McKenna interview, and the Gel-Bot review as well.  Busy bee!  They will be up very soon.

Tomorrow is another longer-ish run with Mel.  Yay!  Happy long weekend, everyone!

I made him pose like this.  Ooooo!
Goober sleeps during our lifting session

6 comments:

  1. Gosh I well remember those double sports bra days!
    Goob's squat for is excellent! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I know your pain with the ladies. I'm totally jealous that it causes you to run faster! lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yeah - I am not really well-endowed but the girls CANNOT bounce. It drives me nuts. Funny that in avoiding the bounce you increased your pace! Thanks for coming by and entering my giveaway! Oh, and your baby is the cutest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks like she's really concentration on her form while doing her quats - oh she is precious!

    And look at you back lifting already. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goob is ready for squats, maybe even clean and jerk!

    Heard you had a great run with Mel--but CHILLY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's awesome that lifting AND running/walking are a family affair! AWESOME on the run. Hope your foot feels better and that the boobage didn't get too.. um, shaken up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! You're a rockstar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...