Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Number 23

Gotta keep this post short and sweet, because it's late and I'm sleepy. But the gist of it is that I ran outside tonight at 9pm. Yes, I believe I am crazy (and so do my neighbors). Apparently Nike inspired me and I Just Did It. Man, I was sooo itching for an outside run, and I got it! And let me tell you this: I could have ran in a thong because my Nike pants were not insulating anything one bit. Plus, I bundled myself up and layered like a mo fo...and I looked like a complete running dork. Travis had to capture me at my most unflattering moment of today:
Mitten gloves - check
Double long sleeved shirts - check
Bitchin' skull snowboarding headband - check
iPhone tunes - check
Glasses aka my eye "windshield" - check
23 degree weather - um, check??

23 degrees. That's right. I wiped my nose so much with a hanky that it actually started freezing in my hand. It was wicked. But I ran 4.1 miles in 36 minutes. Not bad for a she-popsicle.

Cards are on their way, peeps. It's not too late to send me your info! Happy (almost) Thursday!

10 comments:

  1. it's all about the layers!!! Great job getting out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how ya'll do it!?!??! 23 degrees?!?! NO THANK YOU! You totally get the hardcore stamp girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CARDS?? Hey I have cards too.. Send me your address and I will send you mine.

    She-popcicle...LOVE IT!!

    That picture is awesome. I thought about doing the race this weekend, but I am poor folk... One of these days I hope to be at a race with you and realize it.. LOL!!

    Hugs, I am going to brave the COLD at lunch today 24 miles to go..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought those were skulls onthe headband... love it. You are hardcore and I love that too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just totally rocked my world. I tried to run when it was 23 last weekend, but, my frozen leggies said NO. Gotta get in a run before a dinner party tonight, it's 36 right now and dropping. Yeah, sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is so hard to run in the cold! you don't look silly in your layers! you are hardcore for running in 23 degrees.

    i ran in 14* once. i will not be doing that again, ever. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you ran so late at night...and in this weather! I can't sleep if I run that late. I get all amped up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't even imagine running in that cold of weather. In AZ cold is low 50's...23??? no way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm. Running in a thong in 23 degrees. Even *I* would set up a lawn chair and watch that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so brave to get out in this icy and cold weather and run! So impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! You're a rockstar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...