Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hills? What are those?


Image from here

Let me tell you this: Shanghai is flatter than Keira Knightley's chest in an Academy Awards photograph.  I have yet to see anything that resembles a hill, or even the slightest incline for that matter.  The closest I've seen to a hill is the sloped ramps from the sidewalks to the street, and that's it.  Really.  It's kind of crazy, actually.  The only other place I've been that was this flat was probably Phoenix, AZ.  To me it's weird, especially living in Seattle...hills are common!  My driveway at my childhood home is hillier than Shanghai!  Hillier?  Yes, hillier.

Never thought I'd say this, but I miss the hills.  I love a challenge, even when walking Goober in the stroller or in the Baby Bjorn.  Like I said before, running on the streets here is completely out of the question....so walking is in the cards for a bit (unless a treadmill is open at the gym downstairs, but it's always packed).  

Anyone want to ship out some hills to Shanghai for a couple weeks?  Hee hee.  Let me know...

4 comments:

  1. I have a few that kill me with the jogging stroller. I'd be happy to be rid of them for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...you are funny. We have a nice big hill called Doomsday hill here in Spocompton, we could lease it to you for a couple weeks, but after you run it once you might regret asking for it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Maybe you can find a nice parking garage somewhere, or a tall building with stairs to run up....not the same, I know.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! You're a rockstar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...