Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Greetings from Shanghai!

HEY ALL!  Remember me? ;)

Apparently this is the norm in China
Just wanted to give you all a quick update.  After a long 10 hour flight, another 3 hour flight and an interesting ride in a van we made it to our apartment in Shanghai a week and a half ago! 
Even though I haven't been doing a whole lot of running, I've been walking a ton with Miss Goober.  In fact, Goober is a rockstar it seems.  Locals swarm around her and touch her feet, fawning and gushing over her.  It's strange and cute and annoying at the same time.  So many people have stopped us on the street (or even interrupted our lunch at a restaurant) to take her picture.  It must be the blue eyes.  Either way, it's interesting for sure.  And it makes people here a lot more friendly too!
Goober gets her picture taken by some adoring "fans"
 Running here would be nearly impossible.  The sidewalks are narrow, the weather is hot & extremely humid, the air quality sucks (hello inhaler!) and the traffic, well, I'd probably be hit by a bus in two seconds.  There might as well be no stop lights, signs or lane markers...it's a free-for-all.  Scooters rule the streets by far, and they even drive up on sidewalks to avoid traffic jams.  And don't get me started on the honking.  This city is just one big collective HONK.  Horns are used as frequently as the gas pedal...
 
BUT...

It's still quite the experience!!


I only have access to Blogger/Facebook a little each night or morning, so it's rare.  I must say I miss reading your blogs, and I'll have a ton of catching up to do later.  In the meantime, I'll try to e-mail post or regular post as much as I can.

再見!

9 comments:

  1. What an adventure! I missed all the earlier posts about you going to China! Hope you see all you can and have fun, I bet the month flies by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! Keep us updated whenever you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to Shanghai, I agree that running there would be nearly impossible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss you but know you are having the experience of a lifetime!

    How do people run there? Treadmills?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah Zoe! I love it! I'm glad Goober is helping you break the ice out there. Kids are wonderful friend-makers, no? We'll miss you this weekend at You Go Girl. My plan is to photodocument the heck out of it since I'm not running.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss you!! Cant wait to hear all the stories.. I know I love to admire Goober, so I can imagine the fan fare..

    BE safe and soak it all in.. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like your having so much fun and what an experience to live in China. Goober is adorable no wonder they love her. She is a rockstar!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep the stories coming! It is so amazing to hear about different cultures! Miss your posts but know you are having an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goober is gonna be famous! I love the picture of her "on display" for the Chinese people :)

    Can't wait to hear more about it -- and thanks for the bday message!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! You're a rockstar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...