Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cruddy

Today marks 12 years since my Mum passed.  And although the pain has lessened over the years, the void in my heart and in my life remains the same.  This year seems harder because I have Goober around, and that's one of the things that I know my Mum would've loved: to be a Grandma.  Goodness, she'd be amazing at it.  I still miss her so so so very much.

Also received news that Travis and my great friend, Jeff, was in a motorcycle accident two days ago.  He broke some ribs and shattered his elbow, and after undergoing over 4 hours of reconstructive surgery on his arm he is now in recovery.  I'm just so glad he's alive.  If you don't remember who Jeff is, he's the guy I helped cross the finish line with at the Beat the Bridge 8K race this year in May.  It was his very first race, and he actually beat the bridge too.  It just sucks that we are so far away from our friend at this time. 

Hoping this day will bring brighter news...

5 comments:

  1. Hugs to you girl as you remember your mom. I'm sure she's smiling down on you and Goober from heaven.
    Sorry to hear about the accident. I wish Jeff and Travis a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending hugs across the world to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry Zoe. I'll be praying for you and your friend, Jeff. Hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for you today. Losing someone is always hard. I hope you are able to share your memories with little Goober to make your mother live on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! You're a rockstar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...