Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fantastic Run

Saturday was an interesting day.  I had just tied my shoes and attached Gus II to my wrist when I looked outside...pouring rain.  Ergh.  Not my fave, but whatever.  So I changed into my lightweight REI waterproof shell and waited for Gus II to find a satellite.  Then the rain slowed down.  Yay!

By the time I was a mile into my run, the rain had completely stopped and there were hints of sunshine.  The air smelled fresh and the warm breeze felt amazing.  I think I may have been smiling on this run, that is, until the inevitable bug smacked me in the face.  Of course. :P

My goal nowadays is to just run.  That's it.  I'm not caring what my pace is at all, and if I have to walk, I don't stop Gus II.  I just can't run fast right now, and I'm getting used to the idea more and more everyday.  So, my beautiful Saturday afternoon run (which ended in complete warm sunshine that made me feel HOT), was exactly what I needed.  And this pretty little thing on my front lawn made me smile too:

Just to be clear though....I, however, am not a pansy. Hee hee.
It's just too bad that Trav mowed the lawn on Sunday morning.  Crap.  

I'm officially 12 weeks today.  Ran/walked on the treadmill late last night and had to walk more than run because my tummy was a little upset.  But I got in 4.2 miles!

A couple of shout-outs:
TMB: Thank you times a million for sending me the maternity running skirt!!  I can't wait to use it! 
Amanda: Congrats on becoming a marathoner and finishing OKC like a rockstar!
Mel: You are amazing and I'm very excited for your upcoming Eugene Marathon experience. :)
My sisters Karrie & Liza:  Way to go on starting your C2 5K program!!! YAY!



18 comments:

  1. You are so welcome! One day when you are all belly, take a picture in it and post it.

    Keep it up! Just getting out there is the key. When I was pregnant with Natalie, I was luck if I got my pace under 11 minutes ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post just makes me smile! I can't wait to watch your running and pregnancy progress! I hope you follow Xcountry2 because she is currently running pregnant with twins and is full of pregger running knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...you are great to just be out there running!! I didn't run with either pregnancy...I was too darn sick!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to follow you on your running/pregnancy journey!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it's so great that you can run while preggo! All I could do when I was expecting was to run to the bathroom to puke!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Job Zoe!! I think it is amazing when I hear about Pregnant ladies running, being pregnant twice,I would never have imagined running!! but if I ever get a third chance I might have to try it!! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A new running skirt.. sweet! Thanks for the shout-out. Guess Liza and I can't back out of this one. Pressure's on. :) love u!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have hte same goal right now. Just to run.... shins and knees hate me :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the love Zoe, made me smile. hugs to running/walking with peanut.. 12 weeks woot!! that means in 2 months you will find out the sex, maybe before Rock N Roll??

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are well on your way! Congrats. Hopefully tummy issues will soon be behind you.

    I am so glad that you are keeping up with your running/exercise. You will be so glad you did! I was very young with my first and fit more due to age than regular exercise. I did not run through the pregnancy. Gained 60lbs. My next 2 (11 yrs later and then 8 yrs later) I ran through out the pregnancies. Gained 35ish lbs each time. Unassisted deliveries with no complications. Quick recoveries. My doctor even had to admit that my exercise/running habit made a big difference.
    You are going to get over the tummy issues and enjoy your experince!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for you! Yay for your sisters! Yay for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a beautiful run! Glad you're doing well and exciting that you're 13 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is awesome that you are almost out of your first trimester :) Way to go on the runs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on getting out there and doing it. I believe you were blessed on this run. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah! I'm glad that your run was so wonderful. It's a great way to enjoy what ended up being a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Being pregnant is a great time to slow down and just hang with your body. It's working so HARD right now, and the changes are really huge. Walking is just as good as running sometimes! And, no one would have ever thought you were a pansy. PUH-LEASE!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good for you! And, congrats on being 12 weeks!

    Winks & Smiles,
    Wifey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! You're a rockstar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...