Saturday, May 14, 2011

Race Day

My good 'ol redemption race is tomorrow....again....wow.  Time flies!  This will be the 4th year I've participated in JDRF's Beat the Bridge 8K.  My first year was my "holy-crap-I'm-out-of-shape-and-can't-run-to-save-my-life" race, the year after I actually "beat" the bridge, then last year I was prego with the Goob and still beat the bridge.  What will tomorrow bring?

A course PR?
Another blow to my foot injury?
Some sun?

Hopefully number 1 and 3.  My time to beat is 40:11 for this race.  I think I can do it.  I hope.  I haven't been training too much because of the foot pain flare-up, and speedwork has been minimal lately....so we'll see.  I just want to have fun with this race!  (And hopefully meet up with Meredith from my high school!)

A huge congrats to all the runner/racers today!  Amanda, you're such a rockstar!  Heather is a muddy momma!  And good luck tomorrow, Marlene!

Oh, and I'm SO EXCITED to take Goober swimming again.  She loves the water!  YAY!  I even got her another swimsuit and a really awesome/sweet/wicked cute red retro swim cap.  Adorable!
Bring on Summer!

10 comments:

  1. Goob looks SO ready for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I'm wondering if a newborn really needs a swimsuit, but I really want to get Riley one! Good luck with the bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goober is so cute! good luck with the race today. Hope it all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck today! (also, that is the most adorable picture ever!!)
    http://beboldrunwild.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you kick butt in the race.

    LOVE the swim cap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck! We were going to do that but my husband hurt his knee at our half. Hope you have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word! Where did you find that swim cap? She is adorable! Good luck on your race!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hope your race went well! and oh my goodness, your little one looks freakin' stinkin' adorable in her swim gear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goober is the latest baby I have ever seen!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! You're a rockstar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...