Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Just a Quickie

Hey All!

Just a quick note to say that I appreciate everyone's amazing comments and "good lucks" regarding Sunday's 20 miler.  You all totally helped me get through it!  Thank YOU!

A couple of things:

  • I missed my long-run buddy, Kerrie.
  • Ran the first 10 miles solo...which was a little rough because I kept thinking of the distance, and didn't "zone out" like I should've. 
  • Had to cross railroad tracks 6 times.  Not. A. Fan.
  • Second 10 miles were with my friend Leah.  Haven't seen her since my baby shower back in October!  She's running the RnR Seattle Full too.  :)
  • Mileage PR, baby!
  • Feet were surprising ok at the end.  Calves?  Notsomuch.  
  • Yeah, calves are STILL sore today.
  • Ice bath was a necessary evil.  And I mean evil.  Rawr.
  • It felt AMAZING to see that 20.00 on Gus' pretty little face!
More about the run later!  Busy with a very fussy/needy/constipated Goober monster lately.  

10 comments:

  1. Great job Zoe! You rocked those 20 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That's an amazing accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Those good 20 milers are such great confidence builders. And good job doing the ice bath even though it is miserable. I am a believer that they really help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. Congrats!!! Seattle RnR better be ready for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah!! I can't imagine how great it would be to see 20 on my garmin...I was so happy just seeing 13.1....one day I might get up to training for a marathon! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHHH nothing like seeing the 20 on your garmin for the first time!!

    My first 20 miler my garmin stopped for some reason mid run, so I ended up running a little longer JUST so I could see that number on there :) hah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow--great job! Can't wait to read more about it, if Miss Goober allows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our times were even closer than I thought. So weird. Good job being a good mom to Goob. She is a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! You're a rockstar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...