Saturday, March 23, 2013

Tacoma St. Paddy's Day 5K Recap

Goofy Goob & I
I got little Goober up at 6am for the nearly 1 hour drive to Tacoma for the St. Paddy's Day 5K.  Tiffany was kind enough to grab my race packet a few days ahead, but she was running the half marathon that started a full 45 minutes before the 5K...so we met at 7:30 to wish each other good luck and get the goods.  This meant that Goob and I had some time to spare, and so we goofed off at a warm Tully's, sharing a tiny hot chocolate and cinnamon "muffin" (what Goober refers to as anything baked...this was a scone).  Originally I was planning on running with Mel, but unfortunately she had/has a cold that wouldn't quit and decided to stay home to rest (good thinking, but I'm bummed I didn't get to see her).  So it was up to Goob and I to try for a "Goober Stroller PR" for this course, as we did the same race last year (in terrible monsoon-like weather, I might add).

We were nearly late to the start, so we were waaaaay in the back of the pack.  As SOON as the starting gun went off, the rain started, so I had to quickly put the rainshield on the stroller. * sigh * There goes any chance for a speedy race.  Oh well, despite having to zig zag around walkers and such, we still managed a sub-30 time.  Goob was so comfy in her little "pod" that she was sound asleep by the time we finished.  She even missed our post-race photo op.

See you next year, Tacoma!


Sleeping Goober


DONE!
Final Results:
Mileage - 3.1
Time - 28:56
Overall - 274 out of 1,582
Division place - 19 out of 161 (F 25-29)
Sex place - 91 out of 1,051
Pace - 9:20

6 comments:

Thanks for visiting! You're a rockstar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...